Mr. Ferrelle is a graduate of the University of Georgia School of Law, where he served for two years on the Editorial Board of the Georgia Journal of Intellectual Property Law. In 2003, Mr. Ferrelle's strong research and writing skills earned him the honor of publishing nationally a student commentary on the application of trade secret law in professional sports industries.
Mr. Ferrelle was born and raised in Saint Simons Island, Georgia and attended the University of Virginia for undergraduate studies. At the University of Virginia, Mr. Ferrelle was a member of numerous student organizations, including the Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society, National Society of Collegiate Scholars, and Phi Kappa Psi fraternity, and was selected onto the UVA Men's Club Soccer team (2002-04). Mr. Ferrelle earned his Bachelor's degree in Economics with Honors of Distinction, together with a minor concentration in Government & Foreign Affairs.
Mr. Ferrelle is a member of the Florida, Georgia and Jacksonville Bar Associations, the Federal Bar Association, American Association of Justice (formerly ATLA), the Trial Lawyers Section of The Florida Bar, the Chester Bedell Inn of Court, Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute, Maritime Law Association, Florida Bar Admiralty Law Committee, the Jacksonville Propeller Club, the Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA), and the Intellectual Property and Commercial Litigation Sections of the Jacksonville Bar Association. He is actively involved in several committees of the national Maritime Law Association, having received high recognition in 2012 as a Proctor in Admiralty. He also serves as the Founding Chair of the Jacksonville Bar Association's Admiralty and Maritime Law Section.
While not practicing law, Mr. Ferrelle enjoys playing golf and tennis, fishing, spear-fishing, watching sports, and spending time with his wife, Amanda, and two children, Connor and Kennedy. He also volunteers his time at local and national non-profit organizations, including serving as a board member for the Dreams Come True of North Florida Horizon Board.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIP:
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- Trial Lawyers Section
- Admiralty Law Committee, Member (2010-present)
- State Bar of Georgia, Member
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Member
- Intellectual Property Law Section
- Commercial Litigation Section
- Admiralty and Maritime Law Section, Founding Chair (2008-present)
- Chester Bedell Inn of Court, 2008-09
- Maritime Law Association, Proctor in Admiralty
- Recreational Boating Committee, Voting Member (2008-present)
- Maritime Torts and Casualties Committee, Voting Member (2008-present)
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute, Member (2007-present)
- Federal Bar Association
- American Association of Justice (formerly ATLA)
- Product Liability Committee
- Securities Committee
- Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA)
- Jacksonville Propeller Club
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS:
- Murphy & Anderson, P.A. - Partner – Jacksonville, Florida
- Smith, Hulsey & Busey - Jacksonville, Florida
- Coker, Myers, Schickel, Sorenson & Green, P.A. – Jacksonville, Florida
- Hunter Maclean, Exley & Dunn, P.C. – Savannah, Georgia
- "Combating the Lure of Impropriety in Professional Sports Industries: The Desirability of Treating a Play Book as a Legally Enforceable Trade Secret"
- 11 J. Intell. Prop. L. 149, Georgia Journal of Intellectual Property Law (2003)